Women’s Self Defense Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) is the are of using an opponent’s force and using it against them. In the event of a knock-down, BJJ techniques are adept to neutralize the attacker. This is why Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for women is a great self-defense technique for all ages.
We take a firm stance against bullying and physical assaults. There isn’t tolerance for harassment or aggressive behavior. That’s why here at Marcus Aurelio MMA Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy, we teach you the tools to handle conflict in an effective manner. Not only do our lessons teach you the ways of BJJ on the mat, but what you will learn can be applied in daily life.
Benefits of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Self Defense for Women:
Self-defense in the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a great way for kids, men, and women to protect themselves against aggressors and bullies. BJJ techniques have been regarded as an effective method to neutralize attackers and bullies by using their force against them. Regardless of strength, athleticism, or age, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu focuses on timing and technique, so anyone can learn. Here are some additional benefits of BJJ in Miami:
- Control of Your Body – Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu teaches you what your body is capable of doing. BJJ techniques apply leverage and timing, so we can teach you how to use your whole body for defending yourself.
- Size and Strength Don’t Matter – Though there are women who are taller and stronger than men, that doesn’t apply to everyone. Learning Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu will give you the knowledge and ability to take down an aggressor that is taller and twice your weight. BJJ is based on technique and timing, so no need to feel intimidated.
- Comradery – You don’t have to learn self-defense alone. Not only will you learn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, but you’ll be able to do so in a female only class. Often times it’s a rewarding experience to learn as a group. The sense of sisterhood often helps women accomplish their goals together.
- Breaking Stereotypes – With regard to BJJ, anyone can learn. Regardless of age, sex, or athletic ability, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu can be taught to anyone. On the mat, there is no gender, so any woman can beat their opponent with the proper techniques.
- Role Model – Learning BJJ will not only teach you how to defend yourself, but you’ll be a role model for friends, family, and young women. You can be the person that young women look up to as positive role model.
Why Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Self-Defense at Marcus Aurelio Academy?
Whether you are looking to train in the art of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or wanting to learn self-defense, Marcus Aurelio Academy in Miami Beach has you covered. We are dedicated to teaching women of all ages self-defense. Marcus Aurelio is from UFC, Pride Fighter, and is a 5th-degree black belt. His academy has experienced instructors that will be able to teach you the ways of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in a fun and safe environment. Schedule a self-defense class today by calling 786-274-1771.